Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Moss bonkers - São Paulo


I was cleaning out my office and ran across this newspaper ad from back in September. I had put it aside because I thought it was so well done...and then forgot about it. It still makes me smile. Especially when I think about my dad warning me of "moss bonkers" when I was a kid--some scary beasties in the dark deep of the local river in Connecticut. Usually the moss bonker was my labrador. 

In this case, the moss bonkers live in the Tiete River. It is one of the dirtiest rivers on the planet. I have no data to back this up but will tell you that I have seen all kinds of sludge and yuck in there, and once saw the rescue workers pull a dead body out. It's not pretty.

This page looks like a movie ad for a movie called "Zumbis Pneumaticos" or Pneumatic Zombies. And then below it talks about how these are the living dead that inhabit the river bed of the Tiete River and that they take years to decompose. And then it encourages people to provide a happy ending by sending used tires to be recycled. 

The campaign is supported by the water company, the SP state government, a NGO working to save the rainforest and two radio stations. I am impressed with the message and the delivery. 

Visit facebook.com/tietevivo for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment