Saturday, November 9, 2013

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain - São Paulo

This is from a fellow blogger's blog but for privacy (his kids) I'll leave off the credit.

Yesterday morning as I drove my husband to a meeting (told you I was in charge of the motor pool), I did a double take as I passed by Shopping Iguatemi, one of the fancy shopping centers in São Paulo. At this time of year, the same ol' Santa gets trotted out--he is ginormous. At least one story tall. And he normally has a yellow labrador sitting at his feet.

Yesterday morning they were there (wait, what's the date again? I think it's November 8 when I saw it. Wow). Wearing yellow rain slickers. It's been raining for the last five days in the city and apparently even Santa and Santa Dog don't like the wet. I laughed so hard I almost rear-ended a bus which was not so amusing to my husband.

Also not my photo. Fortunately the person put her own credit on there.
Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have to catch them putting them on someday. Must take a pretty big ladder!

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha, oh golly I would have done the same - mind you the SAH is wondering why I am laughing my head off!!!! Must admit I am soooo enjoying the endless sunny days here! Swam in our pool in early October and it's already 80F now! So our Santa needs to lather himself with sunscreen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I must say I envy the J'burg/Pretoria weather right now. It has been a pretty yucky spring. Does your Santa wear a big red suit too?

      Delete