Thursday, November 7, 2013

I'm halfway! - São Paulo

Photo credit: http://glasschild.deviantart.com/art/half-an-eye-49990798\ 

This is Post 184 which means I'm halfway through my year of daily posts on Brazil in My Eyes. Does that mean I can take the day off? Hardly. So much to see, so much to hear, so much to learn. 

When I started this blog in May, I was worried about not having enough to talk about daily for the year. Now I am worried about having too much to say. Most of all, I have to say, this blog has been for me. I have had more than 13,000 views of the page in six months (some poor souls undoubtedly finding themselves in the wrong place), so I am guessing someone IS really reading it besides my mom and dad and poor BH who has to make sure I haven't said something totally insulting about him every day. 

But in the end it is me who has learned. From doing my own research or from questions or comments from you. While I wish I got more comments on the page, I do get quite a few on the facebook site and I appreciate every one.

Keep me honest. Keep me learning. Let's keep going for six more months? I'm in. You?

8 comments:

  1. Okay, I am guilty usually comment on Facebook, but even though I lived in Sampa for four years I am still learning everyday from your posts, keep them going and if you get ahead and post more - what's that saying? 'The more the merrier!' It's even sweeter because I know you and I love to tell the SAH about your and the Twinkies adventures. Also the SAH works on the BRICS Desk at Head Office so still in touch with Brazilians all the time. I will be here for 6 more months so keep on typing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your comments wherever they are, my friend. Especially when you keep me honest on my views of your adopted country! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I read your blog when I see the link it Facebook and I'm enjoying it. Many years ago when I was in school I'd do reports on Brazil if given a choice of topics. Years later on a very long bus ride, my seat mate was from Brazil and told me such great things about her country. Now that I know this is daily, I'll bookmark it and visit it more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. I really do want to know where my readers come from and how they got here.

      Delete
  3. Don't know how I got here, but I am very interested in the foreigners impressions about my country and city. I had an experience of living in Australia for a year and learned a lot about other cultures and about mine, too. One thing is to make an impression of a place by reading what others have to say. But another is to be there, living among the locals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I completely agree that living in a country changes your perspective--both about your own country and your "adopted" country.

      Delete
  4. Plain and simple: keep it up!

    ReplyDelete