Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Tremoço - São Sebastião


When we were debating which snacks to bring to the beach a few weeks ago, my husband suggested "tremoço". And I said "huh"? And all our friends, including the Brazilian ones, said "huh?" Tremoço, it turns out, is pickled lupin beans and once upon a time were popular snacks in bars, particularly those with a Portuguese background. 

Personally I found the little snacks not so interesting. Seemed like you could pickle a garbanzo bean and get something more tasty. And after I read up on it in wikipedia, I think I might skip them in the future. If not prepared correctly, they can cause poisoning. Seriously: look here.  Cashew nut, anyone?


Tremoço (photo: Wikipedia)

From October 4 through October 13, I will not have access to internet. All blog posts for these dates are “pre-recorded” and I will not be able to respond to any comments until October 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment